Educational Outreach Performances - Field Trip Options
Classic Productions for Students (the Koger Center does not sell tickets to these performances at its box office, for information or tickets please contact Classic Productions at (865) 588-3975 or go through their website at classicproductions.org.)
- Production: Have You Filled a Bucket Today
- Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 9:45 a.m. & 11:45 a.m.
- Recommended for grades K-5
- This brand new, fun-filled musical from Virginia Repertory Theatre is based on the concepts in Carol McCloud's award-winning children's books, Have You Filled a Bucket Today? and Growing Up with a Bucket Full of Happiness. The books and musical use the concept of a "bucket" to show students how to express kindness, appreciation, and love to be "bucket-fillers." This musical focuses on the benefits of positive, thoughtful behavior through the concept of "filling a bucket." Have You Filled a Bucket Today: The Musical relays the joys of friendship and compassion for both the receiver and giver.
- Production: The Frog Prince
- Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 9:45 a.m. & 11:45 a.m.
- Recommended for grades K-5
- When a spoiled princess drops her golden ball into a well, a noble frog retrieves it in exchange for her promise of friendship. The princess breaks her promise, and must face the music in this colorful, funny, faithful adaptation of the classic folk story first recorded by the Brothers Grimm. The Frog Prince showcases an amphibian ensemble created by internationally acclaimed puppet master Terry Snyder.
Columbia Classical Ballet Children's Performances (the Koger Center does not sell tickets to these performances at its box office, for information or tickets please contact Dina Taylor at (803) 394-9617 or email@example.com)
- Production: Aladdin
- Date: Thursday, October 5, 2023 - 10:00 a.m.
- A balletic magic carpet ride takes you through the fantastic Arabian tale of magic lamps, genies, heros and villains.
- Production: Swan Lake
- Date: Friday, October 6, 2023 - 10:00 a.m.
- Since 1877, Swan Lake has been delighting audiences with its tale of the beautiful princess, Odette, turned into a swan by a sorcerer's curse, only to return to her human form at night. The spell can only be broken by a pledge of eternal love.
- Production: Nutcracker
- Dates: Thursday, November 30 and Friday, December 1, 2023 - 10:00 a.m.
- A Christmas tradition since 1892, the story of the Nutcracker is about Clara, a little girl who befriends a nutcracker that comes to life on Christmas Eve and wages a battle against the evil Mouse King. After a ferocious struggle the Nutcracker--with Clara's help--vanquishes the Mouse King. In gratitude he takes her to visit the Land of Sweets populated with twirling flowers, pirouetting snowflakes and dancing sweets from around the world, all under the rule of the beautiful Sugarplum Fairy. At the conclusion of the ballet, Clara is safely transported back to her home and family.
- Production: Peter and the Wolf
- Dates: Thursday, March 21 and Friday, March 22, 2024 - 10:00 a.m.
- A captivating work set to the well-known classical music of Sergei Prokofiev. In 1936, Prokofiev composed Peter and the Wolf to introduce children to the different instruments of the orchestra. The ballet introduces the plot through the different instruments and the dancers bring the colorful characters to life.
Columbia City Ballet Children's Performances (the Koger Center does not sell tickets to these performances. Contact Columbia City Ballet for tickets or for more information call (803) 799-7605)
- Production: Frosty the Snowman
- Dates: Thursday, December 7,2023 - 9:30 a.m., Friday, December 8, 2023 - 9:30 a.m. & 11:15 a.m.
- A joyous holiday ballet with the beloved snowy hero.
- Production: Alice in Wonderland
- Date: Friday, March 15, 2024 - 9:30 a.m. & 11:15 a.m.
South Carolina Philharmonic (the Koger Center does not sell tickets to the following performances, register at https://www.scphilharmonic.com/education/link-up-concerts or for more information call (803) 771-7837)
- Production: Link Up Concerts
- Dates: February 12-14, 2024 - 9:45 a.m. & 11:15 a.m. each day
- "Link Up," a program of Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute, guides teachers and students through a semester-long exploration of orchestral repertoire. Students sing and play soprano recorder or string instruments while learning basic musical concepts and composing their own music. This program provides extensive standards-based student and teacher materials, and culminates in an interactive orchestral concert in which students sing or play along with the SC Philharmonic.
For more information about educational opportunities at the Koger Center for the Arts:
We hope you visit the Koger Center, but until then, please enjoy a virtual tour of the Koger Backstage! https://youtu.be/YcGCJKPTJDg